CLOSED - Nerd Games - Fall 2023

Edited 11/5: @storerboughtcreation, I included these projects in my post for the completed journal, so I’ve added the link here. If this doesn’t actually count toward bonus points, disregard :laughing: .

Prompt: Chuck (November)
Team: Gourd of the Rings
Project Name: Froofy paper clips
Project Link: N/A A Journal for No Reason (pic heavy, not sorry)
Brief Description: Decorating office supplies is surely nerdy. Made from supplies in my LovelyMiss junk journal kit :purple_heart:.
Project Photo:

Prompt: MacGyver (November)
Project Name: Altered junk journal cards
Project Link: N/A A Journal for No Reason (pic heavy, not sorry)
Brief Description: I added labels to some playing/game cards to create writing space on them. I guess you could still use the cards for their intended purpose, but that would be a weird poker game. Also made from supplies in my LM kit.
Project Photo: Featuring a tiny sneak peek inside my journal!

5 Likes

Prompt: October Uncharted
Project Name: Ghost face costume
Project Link: The ghost face that wasn’t
Brief Description: this was made using a pattern which is sort of like a map.
Project Photo:

5 Likes

@megwell yay for using that journal kit! They are so cool and @LovelyMiss is awesome for making these for us!!!

Yours is looking fabulous!!

3 Likes

Loving the gnomes (ADORABLE!) and the trivets!

2 Likes

Prompt: Advent- Week 3: October 15- I Put a Spell on You
Team: Team Don’t Stop Beleafing
Project Name: Care Bear Ears
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: At school this year, my team decided to dress as Care Bears (Wearing sweats to school will always get a yes!). My coworker bought headbands to make ears, but she was just going to use pipe cleaners to make an “outline” of the ears. Well, that just wouldn’t do. So, I volunteered to make them. Most of them are felt, but the pink ones are fun foam, and the gray ones are fun foam that I colored with a gray Sharpie. Then, 2 people unexpectedly needed black ones, so I made those during morning homeroom using black construction paper. I couldn’t find any of my glue guns at home, so I had to get up extra early (5:30) to get to school before 7 (I have a 30 minute drive and I had to beat the parent drop off line) so I could use the glue gun in my desk.

Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Prompt: Big Time 1
Project Name: Journal for No Reason
Project Link: A Journal for No Reason (pic heavy, not sorry)
Brief Description: I completed my kit journal!
Project Photo: Waaay more photos in the project post.
20231105_142747

5 Likes

@LovelyMiss - I enjoy all your gift buffet photos! :slight_smile: And the pottery is gorgeous! I especially love one with the blue. :slight_smile:

@megwell - such a wonderful junk journal! :slight_smile:

@craftADDchick & @Bunny1kenobi - fun costumes!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@megwell That journal looks so fun! I bet you can’t wait to play with it!

@LovelyMiss your gift buffet is next level! I love seeing what you make for that!

Care Bears! There’s a blast from the past! Your costumes turned out cute, @craftADDchick!

3 Likes

Fact :laughing:. I was trying to build it using only kit stuff, and one of the reasons I decided to call it done was so I could start adding other stuff.

5 Likes

I got your bonus points :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prompt: November- MacGuyver
Project Name: Blessing ATC
Project Link: Blessing- a family ATC
Brief Description: this has lots of blue.
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: I Put a Spell on You (Advent)
Project Name: Candy ATC
Project Link: A Couple of October Swap ATCs
Brief Description: This is stuck together with adhesives.
Project Photo

Prompt: Psycho Killer (Advent)
Project Name: Gentleman ATC
Project Link: A Couple of October Swap ATCs
Brief Description: Lining up the head, body, and interactive suit took meticulous detail.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Uncharted (October)
Project Name: Lips ATC
Project Link: Pick-3 ATCs
Note This is a running post I’ve added this project to. The original post is from outside this season, but the project I’m claiming was made and added to it this season. Totally understand if that’s not eligible for the bonus points; figured it was worth taking the shot.
Brief Description: I made this for my ongoing pick-3 collection because I listed that theme again last month. It’s got a lot of blue. (Masterboard base by photojenn.)
Project Photo:

5 Likes

OMGosh that gentleman ATC cracks me up!!!

1 Like

@megwell, that mysterious man cracks me up as well, lol! I like the “masterboard flavoured” candy, and I think the running lips are funny, too. And that junk journal is just :heart: I love seeing how everyone has bound theirs; so neat! And I like how you altered the cards to provide some writing space, too. And that’s too bad the post ate your first greeting card, but this second one is beautiful!

@Bunny1kenobi what a beautiful ATC (I also read your community post), and a beautiful, loving story to go along with it. It’s so wonderful to have some art to remember that special moment. I also love your ghost robe; that’s really well made!

@craftADDchick Care Bears! So cute :heart: I grew up with them, not on TV but as toys, I remember having at least 2 stuffies. I love your dedication to help your team look its best :slight_smile:

@LovelyMiss Your felted wool ball trivets are so pretty and colourful! Ad wow; you did a great job with the fabric marker on those socks; they look like they came that way from the store! What cute gnomes, too :slight_smile: I think I missed a post about your gift buffet and I’m very intrigued—could you share the link where you explain it? The pottery is just gorgeous; I would love to learn some day, too. Have you done both wheel and hand thrown? If so, which one do you like best?

3 Likes

Prompt: Old-School Stakeout (November Battle)
Project Name: Lucille Pinball
Project Link: Lucille Pinball
Brief Description: I made this today at a library program. Pinball feels old-school (as does I Love Lucy), and cardboard is definitely not the highest-tech material.
Project Photo:

5 Likes

Funny! But it’s pinball! How fun!

2 Likes

Prompt: Research Project
Team: So Corn-fused
Project Name: Candles
Project Link: Soy Wax Candles
Brief Description: I made candles again! I’m submitting them as a research project because I upped my game pretty drastically this year, making almost all of my own custom scent blends, which I’ve never done before. I got little scent test strips and everything, lol. I wanted to quit several times. People requested scents (at my prompting), but many of them were scents I don’t like. I also get headaches from smells very easily (WHY did I choose this craft?!). It was a barf-y feeling several days. I went waaaay overboard with all the blends I chose to try. But I’m happy with the end products, so it was worth it. There’s more info in the link!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Prompt: MI-5 (November)
Project Name: Zine
Project Link: Back Home Again in Zine-diana
Brief Description: Made for the Zine swap. The process had more than 5 steps.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Gone Till November (Advent)
Project Name: Fall drink page
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: Made for the November Craft This in Your Style prompt. The ice cubes require liquid :crazy_face:.
Project Photo: Oh hey look, it’s my junk journal!

5 Likes

Oh my, that’s a LOT of candles! You really sacrificed for this gift buffet! And making your own scent blends- how cool is THAT?!!

1 Like

This is a hilarious craft this in your style project! So clever, too!

2 Likes