Nerd Games - Summer 2024

I have been really bad a commenting for… well, if I’m being honest, for always! I mean to be better about it and then get so far behind I feel overwhelmed. But let’s see what I can do to be better about it!

@gozer - I love the linen pants. I had a linen dress years ago that I only wore a few times, but I loved it! The drape of the fabric was fantastic. Those pants look so comfy! The rainbow themed projects you submitted are fantastic! I love rainbows, unicorns, and hearts. They remind me of growing up in the 80s. Your brides watercolor pieces turned out great! I hope you had fun making them, because they look like a lot of fun. Like Bunny1kenobi, you must have amazing eyesight or a great magnifier, because holy moly. How did you paint such tiny doggos!?!?!

@megwell - I love that you repurose items to create new artwork. I’d have never guessed you painted over address labels! I love seeing the projects that you put together from various other pieces. You get so much texture and color in your pieces.

@Bunny1kenobi - I love all of the cards and ATCs you make. The stories you include with your family ATCs are fun to read. You must have amazing eyesight, or you own a strong magnifier. The tiny pieces you create are so intricate, and I would never guess how small they are. Then I see you putting something in your photos to show scale, and I’m even more blown away! I love the octopus in your field journal. That page is so cool! You are a wizard with paper.

@Tapestry - I love your late night dooles in watercolor. I never did learn to paint. I wish I’d taken classes in high school. I can see how paint doodles would be very relaxing. Your party monster watercolors are so cute! Those are definitely friendly monsters. I adore the koi pond you painted. It looks so meditative. The dog portrait is great! The dog really pops against the green background. Your cactus made me miss living in the desert.

@roler - It was fun seeing you putting your squares together as you made the anniversary gift for your parents. The colors mesh well together. Your ATCs are fun, and I love the stamps you carve and use. You got me into scrapbooking back in high school. It’s fun to see you scrapbooking again! And that octopus rug! AMAZING!

@AudiobookLover - Your pasta dishes look delicious. I may have to make a quick pasta salad to go with dinner one night this week. I haven’t had one in a while and it looks so tasty! The fabrics you chose for your feather pillowcase look great together. I love the vibrant colors. They go great with that awesome quilt!

@LovelyMiss - You are a master piecing paper together to make fun art. The fabric collage folder looks great with all of the different colored fabrics. Your collage add-in is so intricate! I love all of the details you added.

@craftADDchick - I am envious of people that can craft or read in a car. I can only do so if the car is parked. Sometimes I get motion sick, but mostly I just get pounding headaches or migraines. Not sure why. But your washcloth looks great!

6 Likes

Prompt: Aug - Pathfinder
Team: Card Game
Project Name: Birds in Hats Inchies
Project Link: Birds in Hats Inchies
Brief Description: Birds are in nature, these are birds I drew in hats for the Inchie Swap!
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Soooooo CUUUUUUTE! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Prompt: August- pathfinder
Team: card games
Project Name: Darkwing Duck ATC
Project Link: Darkwing Duck – a family ATC
Brief Description: There is gray in background

Craftlympics Performance

DECLARED MEDAL CATEGORY: paper

CRAFTING TIME: 2 hours

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I love them so much! They are pure perfection.

3 Likes

Prompt: August - Mousetrap
Team: Board Games
Project Name: Cats in Pots Watercolor
Project Link: Cats in Pots
Brief Description: a 4x6 watercolor and scrapbook paper piece featuring cats in planters, inspired by a workshop from Terry Runyan.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Such a cheerful painting… even though you know those cats are just waiting for the right moment to knock those pots over. LOL!

4 Likes

Prompt: August - Candyland
Team: Card Game
Project Name: Rainbow of Fish
Project Link: Rainbow of Fish Inchies
Brief Description: These fish are striped in the colors of the rainbow! And they are very sweet. :heartpulse:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: August - Candyland
Project Name: Tiny T-Rex TV Time ATC
Project Link: Tiny T-Rex TV Time
Brief Description: A little t-rex ATC to play with my alcohol markers.
Project Photos:

5 Likes

Such cute additions to the Games, @gozer and @Tapestry !

3 Likes

Prompt: Big Time 1
Team: Card Games
Project Name: LC Meetup Journal
Project Link: #ILL-Lettuce: A Belated LC Meetup Journal
Brief Description: I finally made a journal from the bits I saved from last year’s meetup.
Project Photo(s): More photos in the project post.
20240808_161559
Craftlympics Performance

DECLARED MEDAL CATEGORY: Paper!

CRAFTING TIME: 5 hr (15.5 total for season)

6 Likes

This is pretty awesome!

4 Likes

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Little Landscapes
Project Link: Little Landscapes
Brief Description: A pair of 4x4" gouache landscapes.
Project Photos:

Craftlympics Performance

DECLARED MEDAL CATEGORY: Paint

CRAFTING TIME: 5

5 Likes

Prompt: August - Monopoly
Project Name: The Little Purr-maid
Project Link: The Little Purr-maid
Brief Description: 4x4" watercolor of a kitty mermaid. Choosing Monopoly because the painting is a perfect square.
Project Photos:

Craftlympics Performance

DECLARED MEDAL CATEGORY: Paint

CRAFTING TIME: 2.5

4 Likes

Prompt: August Battle – Board Games
Team: Video Games
Project Name: Back to school chalkboard
Project Link: It’s that time again!
Brief Description: This project features a board.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Mousetrap
Team: Video Games
Project Name: “Go for a walk” icon
Project Link: Pictured on the chalkboard
Brief Description: I recreated this icon from LittleBookLover’s communication device, using Silhouette Studio. It looks deceivingly simple, but it definitely took some time and quite a few steps.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

What a fun project and I love that it’s been a tradition for you from preschool to present day. Your lettering is chef’s kiss perfect.

4 Likes

It’s fun to look at each year’s photo and see how he’s grown!
Thank you so much! Such lettering does not come naturally to me. There was a LOT of erasing and re-writing involved.

4 Likes

This summer has been a whirlwind between getting things ready for my homeschooled girls to enter the school system, starting a new job, trying to get the house in order, planning a major renovation… and a bunch of other things… I have barely had time to craft or to even pop in here to see everyone’s great creations.

Today I need a break for a lot of reasons, so I’m going to take my break on one of my favourite (actually, probably the favourite) place on the internet :heart:

@AudiobookLover , what a neat way to keep the memories of the first day of school. I think my favourite lettering on the board is the word “ANY.” I like the diagonal lines.

I feel like any digital drawing is hard, no matter how simple it may look. I really like the smile and the sun in the picture.

What a gorgeous quilt! I LOVE the colours on it, and that border and the pictures work so well together.

@Tapestry, what a cute merkitty :heart: :cat: :mermaid: :heart: I love how the blue in the kitty’s eyes makes the blue elsewhere int he drawing really pop (or vice-versa!)

I love the gouache landscapes! The colours look so beautiful together. I especially like the details in the trees in the first drawing,

That little dinosaur :heart: It’s so cute!

Oooh, I hadn’t thought of using scrapbook pages with watercolour! I have a tonne of literal “scraps” of scrapbook pages that I inherited from a very generous crafter. Now I’m getting ideas on what to do with some of them! I love the kitty in the middle. It looks ready to do something either very fun or very naughty—or both, lol!

@megwell, how fun to have a book of memories to look through, and I love the idea of making the pages out of things you took with you on the trip or got while you were there.

Your ICAD cards look so colourful, and I love the way you laid them out together for the photograph. That open door one is really intriguing. I love this idea (to decorate one index card a day), and if I do it, I might use them as postcards later!

@gozer, what cute little fishies! I love the idea of putting inchies together to create a larger picture.

I am in awe of all of your inchies. I am in awe of everyone who made inchies for the inchie swap… it was my first time and I really don’t know how ya’ll get so many details in there! You watecolour projects are always gorgeous, but the amoutn of detail you were able to pack into the doggie ones is just mind blowing :exploding_head: :heart:

The little notebooks for the dolls! They’re all so cute!!!

And that “Hello sunshine” ATC with the smiling sun… too cute :heart:

@Bunny1kenobi, that Darkwig Duck ATC is perfection! The colours, the background, the expression… I love it! The cat ATCs are so cute, and I love the colours on the music one. And the season inchies… too cute!

I love the little matchbook notepads!

And your files… I am in awe of that ephemera wallet; so gorgeous and useful! I love the little mini-files and all the little embellishments. Such beautiful paper, too.

@storerboughtcreation, the “peekaboo” blanket is so cute, and I love the colours!

@tanath, beautiful bracelet, and I love the sprial concept.

@LovelyMiss, such neat things for your partner; they will love it!

@roler that’s such a cool rug!

4 Likes

Prompt: *August - Pathfinder
Project Name: mosaic pumpkin
Project Link:
Brief Description: A pumpkin is round. I made this from my small buffalo plaid squares design.
Project Photo(s):

3 Likes

Yaaay, fall! :wink: So cute!

2 Likes