CLOSED - Nerd Games - Fall 2023

@gozer you made so many adorable things here! I kind of want all of them! (Even the bib- you’ve seen me eat! :rofl:)

@storerboughtcreation that blanket is beautiful. Love the colors.

@LovelyMiss your gift buffet makes me drool a bit. WOWWWW!!! (Oh, hey…. I guess that’s another good reason to have a bib… :rofl::rofl:)

5 Likes

Prompt: November- the avengers
Team: Gourd of the Rings
Project Name: Wrap Star
Project Link: Wrap Star- a family ATC
Brief Description: This has pink on it. Lots of pink….
Project Photo:

Prompt: December- Castle
Project Name: Ickerlish ATC
Project Link: Ickerlish- a family ATC
Brief Description: this is made of paper
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: December – Murdoch Mysteries
Team: So Corn-fused
Project Name: Peg Dolls
Project Link: Pirate Peg People
Brief Description: Back in the day, before all the manufacturing, kids played with peg dolls!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December – Castle
Project Name: Miniature Books
Project Link: Book and Frog Fail
Brief Description: These booksa re made of paper and they have actual words inside of them.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December – Only Murders in the Building
Project Name: Tarot Card Bag
Project Link: Tarot Card Bag
Brief Description: Some people put on quite a performance when they read tarot cards!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December – The Last Detective
Project Name: Frog Fail
Project Link: Book and Frog Fail
Brief Description: This pattern was tricky. The arms and legs were so tiny it was hard to turn. I did not enjoy making it or how it turned out. I ended up making an alternate item for the swap.
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

I haven’t had much time to comment on here because life got crazy (my Dad’s health is up and down), and when I do get on LC, I am doing a lot with the swap mod side. But I do check her and love seeing all the projects. I decided to go back to Dec 1st and start commenting from there. Sorry to all those I missed!
@craftADDchick – The little crochet tree is adorable. The eyes really set it off. Dinos, dinos all the way!

@Bunny1kenobi – Fun ornament. Zip pouches are always needed, those looks great and extra sturdy. Your family ATCs are always a joy to see and I love the memories behind them.

@bluebird – Junk journals are so neat. I love that you did it in a hardback book. And that rain print ATC is gorgeous!

@lovelymiss – Your gift buffets always look so stunning. You truly elevate it from a “craft” to an art. Everything looks so professional. I’m going to have to get some charcoal to see if it will help my shoes. Ha! The hats are fun, and I love that colorful one! Beautiful hoop! And I want to try that jalapeno salt! My Dad would love that.

@ezrib – The stocking are so cute on the cottage. Adds that touch of the holidays to it. The crochet ornaments are amazing.

@storerboughtcreations – That blanket is absolutely amazing. I am sure your Mom will love it. The pattern is so intricate.

5 Likes

Prompt: December battle- Hard boiled police investigator
Project Name: Mini crime board
Project Link: For a miniature detective
Brief Description: This seems like the kind of thing that would be hanging up at the Cop Shop.
Project Photo:

Prompt: December- Murdoch mysteries
Project Name: Mini magnifying glass
Brief Description: This first mention of the use of a magnifying glass was in 1268. It doesn’t get much more old-fashioned than that! I tried for about an hour to make a handle with beads. I finally gave up, cut the wire shorter and just painted what I already had. I think it looks better than the bead handle would have! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Project Photo:

Prompt: Big time #1
Project Name: mini desk
Brief Description: This is the fifth incarnation of this desk. I love making minis but this project aaaaaaaaalmost had me rethinking some of my life choices…
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Prompt: November- MI5
Project Name: orange steampunk necklace
Project Link: A Steampunk Orange
Project Description: This project had more than 5 steps:
1- find all my steampunk stuff
2-dig through my pearls to find orange ones-they are elusive!
3-play around with about 500 pounds of jewelry bits until a design comes together
4- glue the pearl to the correct piece
5-start adding the other elements to the necklace
6-realize I don’t love the way it’s coming together
7-shift on the fly and remove some of the elements I was going to add
8-attach the chain to the appropriate bits
9-swear when I realize that one of the medallions is on backwards.
10-fix said medallion.
11-add a clasp

Project Photo:

Prompt: Advent #3
Project Name: orange steampunk earrings
Project Link: A Steampunk Orange
Brief Description: This needed glue
Project Photo:

4 Likes

Hello! I’ve been a little MIA as I procrastinated on basically everything for Christmas and was trying to get everything done… hopefully this will finally be the year where I actually plan the next year in advance, with deadlines for getting ready for all the holidays… we shall see…

I’ve come home early from a visit with the in-laws so I can have a couple days on my own in the house. Part of it will be spent cleaning and tidying in expectation of a visit, but most of it will be spent doing all the art. Soooo looking forward to this.

So happy to see all the activity here. Please excuse the mammoth post as I ooh and aaah over everyone’s projects :drooling_face:

@megwell that pinball game is awesome!

@LovelyMiss, those candles look super professional! I really like the labels you made for them. I also love the labels for your onion soup mix, and the mix itself looks great! The deodorizers look great as well. Everything you make always looks so professional!

Whoever gets that card folder is a lucky recipient indeed; how beautiful! And that panda peeking out :heart_eyes: :panda_face: :heart_eyes:

I love how colourful that first hat is!

Oooh… the ice/cold packs are great! I should try to make some for myself! (I can always use all the heat for my always sore back/neck/everything else… I suppose I may need to learn to sew first… adds to things I want to learn list

I love it that you made some fragrance-free soap! I’m hyper-sensitive to scents (several scents trigger my asthma and chronic post-nasal drip/allergic rhinitis), so I love when people are thoughtful enough to make/gift unscented items :heart: :nose: :lungs: :heart:

Paining the numbers was so thoughtful on your part! It’s so hard to see numbers on several streets in town sometimes. My husband did the same for our numbers white and it’s made a huge difference as well. (the numbers are set against brown brick, so the white shows up well)

I received that amazing zine you made and I’m still in awe of the work that went into it. Thank you for all you do!

So I’m sure you’ve posted about your gift buffet before, but I’m intrigued as to where/when/how you do a gift buffet… do you have a link to point me to? :slight_smile:

@megwell I love that the cover for your zine is made from a map! Pretty awesome. And your junk journal looks great as well!

@storerboughtcreation, I have been amazed by this elephant blanket ever since you shared your first process photo. It’s incredible. Such gorgeous detail.

Your green blanket is beautiful, too!!!

@gozer That felt yeti is just too cute :heart: I also love your interpretation of the prompts :slight_smile:

Your notebooks are all so cute :heart: :memo: And I’m sure the new parent(s) will appreciate the cute bit & burp cloth! I really like the texture back of the cloth. The magnets are really cute too. I especially love the penguins :heart: :penguin: :heart:

Oooh, the dragon blocks!!! So cute :heart:

The peg people… so cute :heart:

The miniature books are pretty awesome

@ezrib Congrats on finishing NaNoWriMo! That’s a great accomplishment! I LOL’d (really LOL’d) at that first card! :joy: And the therapissed!!! Too funny :joy: the remotely funny as well, Oh my goodness you’ve made my day with all the jokes :joy:

OK… I thought I had LOL’d at al the jokes. Nope. Nope. That was not actual LOL’ing. Now, when I got to the frog joke… Yep. That was a really, really, loud chuckle. I love it lol!!! As well as the mystery writer one. And the milk flashing joke haha Oh my goodness, you’ve given me all the laughs today :joy:

mmmm that ice cream looks soooo good

I love your little people cottage tiny stocking :heart:

@roler, your scrapbooking page is beautiful! I also really love your partridge and speckled bird! Oh and the little Impkin with the letters… such a cutie and such a lovely way to cheer up your colleague!

@craftADDchick I love your dedication to getting that tree done on time, and I loved reading the story about the tree at Sears.

@Bunny1kenobi, That Booktrovert ornament is awesome. My oldest daughter can relate 100%. She reads copious amounts of books, alone in her room, especially after what she calls “too much peopling,” lol. The pouches are great as well! I also love your ATCs, how you show so much love to your family and in-laws, and the story about fireman/ironman :slight_smile:

Ooooh, I love all the miniatures! The desk turned out pretty awesome!

@Bluebird, I love how you p ut together your junk journal; it looks great! And that ATC is amazing; I love all the layers.

Ok, off to work on my own projects :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Prompt: Some Nights (Advent)
Project Name: Blondies
Project Link: Hazelnut Swirl Blondies
Brief Description: Some nights I stay in front of the oven waiting for the blondies to set up even though the reviews said they wouldn’t. Some nights I call it a draw.
Project Photo:

Prompt: Time Warp (Advent)
Project Name: Swap Christmas cards
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I used a sparkly (metallic) paint marker for the ornament toppers
Project Photo:

7 Likes

Prompt: December Last Detective
Team: So cornfused
Project Name: Dustpan fake
Brief Description- This cardboard dustpan was made to fool the recipient that it wasn’t a giftcard. It was quite tricky to wrap to keep it looking like a dustpan
picture:

Prompt: Big Time #1
Project Name: Christmas Vacation Little People
Brief Description- I decorated some of my little people items to represent Christmas Vacation. I decorated the house with lights, (which took forever to figure out how to do without damaging the house). I made Cousin Eddie’s robe & teeny tiny hat, etc
picture:

Prompt: Bonus- the dock of the bay
Project Name: Christmas Vacation Wreath
Brief Description- Greatly inspired by Wicked Wreaths 22 I made my version of the Christmas Vacation wreath while watching Sex Education on Netflix
picture:

Prompt: free range #2
Project Name: crochet bauble pink & red
Brief Description- I had to crochet one last bauble for my tree
picture:

Prompt: free range #3
Project Name: Spinach dip
Brief Description- since my husband has become allergic to onions & garlic, I have been craving the old knorr spinach dip of my youth; this came extremely close with a bunch of veg chopped & sauteed, then added to mayo, herbs, sour cream & spinach with chopped water chestnuts. it hit many nostalgia buttons
picture:

Prompt: free range # 4
Project Name: Grief food
Brief Description- My son’s best friends sister was killed yesterday and she now has no real family, so I made a bunch of meals for her as well as got her some snacks & such while they were making arrangements today to hopefully help her. I made cottage pie, cheesy chicken & broccoli pasta, chicken enchiladas, & cookies
picture:

4 Likes

@ezrib So sorry to hear about such an awful tragedy… it’s so wonderful that you’re helping them out. The food looks delicious.

I really love your idea for concealing the gift card; that’s really funny!

@megwell Your Christmas cards re beautiful; I love the colours. And those blondies look delicious!

3 Likes

Now that Christmas Eve has passed and hubs is still on vacation, I get a little me time. I’m so happy to post these :heart: :blush: :heart:

Prompt: Research Project 1
Team: Don’t Stop Beleafing
Project Name: How to Adult book series, volume I: Kitchen Basics, or, how not to be a professional self-published author :joy:
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/handmade-stocking-gifts-handbound-book-and-notebook

Brief Description: This took several hours to complete, and there was research involved, as I wanted to be 100% sure I was giving proper advice, especially for food handling safety. I wrote the entire book, edited it, printed it, created the logo for the series, and bound 3 copies, one for each of my children.
Project Photo(s):

How to Adult Front Cover

How to Adult Inside Pages

How to Adult Back Cover

Prompt: Free Range 1
Project Name: Easy 3-ingredient tortillas, no recipe
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/easy-tortillas-with-just-3-ingredients
Brief Description: I threw some stuff in a bowl and got tortillas out of it. It took me two tries.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 2
Project Name: All Saints Day Costumes
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/last-minute-all-saints-day-costumes/
Brief Description: I procrastinated as usual an threw these together the ay before the homeschool celebration… The bonnet for the youngest was the trickiest. The costume for the oldest was just a scarf I already had, and a pillow case I took apart and made into a head cover.
Project Photo(s):

costumes

Prompt: Zap 1
Project Name: Advent Wreath on a buget
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/advent-wreath-made-with-dollar-tree-items
Brief Description: I couldn’t find a wreath I liked, and I’ve been meaning to buy one for years. I finally decided to make my own from stuff I found at the Dollar Tree. Everything is from there, except the pottery plate, which was a wedding gift.
Project Photo(s):

advent wreath

5 Likes

Prompt: Castle
Project Name: Bookmarks & Greeting Cards for giving away at charity sale (this is also for the care pin)
Project Link: Cards and bookmarks for church charity fundraiser
Brief Description: I made simple Christmas cards and Bible verse bookmarks, which are made of paper, for the church charity sale. The proceeds from the sale are distributed to different charities in the community, including homeless shelters and crisis pregnancy centers.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: The Last Detective
Project Name: Cross-stitch bookmark
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/cross-stitch-bookmark/
Brief Description: The cloth for this was really hard to use; the holes were hard to see and it was really tricky to get all the crosses aligned. But still, not too bad for winging it without a pattern after almost 30 years of not touching cross-stitch.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: MacGyver
Project Name: Another Whale at Sunset (mixed media)
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/another-whale-at-sunset-mixed-media/
Brief Description: The sun in this piece is recycled from the cover of a watercolour paper pad, and the text on the whale’s belly is recycled from an old magazine.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Burn Notice
Project Name: Vanlife Collage
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/vanlife-dreams-collage/
Brief Description: This collage also features words in the form of a quote.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: MI-5
Project Name: Saint Zine
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/zine-for-all-saints-day-activity/
Brief Description: To make this zine, I had to 1. Fold the paper, 2. Do some research, 3. write the words, 4 draw the pictures, 5. Photocopy it so I could distribute it to the folks at the homeschool group for the All Saints Day celebration.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap 2
Project Name: Logo for How to Adult book series
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/logo-for-how-to-adult-book-series/
Brief Description: I’m working on a book series called “How to adult.” I just finished the first volume, “Kitchen Basics,” and wanted to create a logo that will be used for all volumes. Other books in the series will include “Laundry Basics,” Cleaning Basics," “Organization Basics,” and more.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Chuck
Project Name: Dragon ATC
Project Link: Dragon ATC
Brief Description: This dragon is green.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: The Avengers
Project Name: The Count (CENSORED) ATC
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/the-count-censored-atc
Brief Description: The candles on the shelf come in pairs.
Project Photo(s): As the recipient put it, “photo blurred for implied obscenity only”:

Prompt: Zap 3
Project Name: Library Dragon 2.0, mixed media
Project Link: https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/library-dragon-2-0-now-in-mixed-media/
Brief Description: The best part of this piece is that the wallpaper details are made from actual wallpaper :joy:
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Wow, you have been busy, so much amazing creativity. I especially love your “how to adult” series. My adult children frequently tell me i should write a book or give classes because they are the only ones (college/workplace) who know how to do basic things like cooking, laundry, car maintenance, cleaning. I love how you are giving your children life tools in such a fun & meaningful way

3 Likes

For the last couple of years, I’ve done a bunch of crafting over my Christmas break while visiting my mom. This year was no different! And, while I didn’t get a lot of projects completed this season (or any season this year, really), I’m feeling like things will turn around for 2024. I miss being active here!

Prompt: Zap
Team: Team Don’t Stop Beleafing
Project Name: Holiday Napkin Origami (The Crown)
Project Link: n/a
Brief Description: Right before guests were due to arrive for Christmas dinner, we decided to fancy up the paper napkins. I found a quick fold that I could easily do, and knocked out 9 napkins before the doorbell rang!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October- The Librarians
Project Name: Celtics Bowl Cozy
Project Link: A Bevy of Bowl Cozies
Brief Description: This one is for one of my coworkers. He saw someone using one that I had gifted a couple of years ago, and said that he’d like to have one. The Celtics fabric has white on it and the interior fabric is black.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December Battle- Amateur Armchair Detective
Project Name: Bowl Cozy
Project Link: A Bevy of Bowl Cozies (same link as above)
Brief Description: Amateur detectives eat a lot of microwaved foods, so a bowl cozy will help to keep them from burning their fingers.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November- Spies Like Us!
Project Name: Bowl Cozy for my Lunch Bag
Brief Description: I have a set of black & white dishes that I keep in my classroom so I can use them to heat up my lunch (and not have to use plastic). So, I made a bowl cozy with black & white flowers to coordinate with the dishes.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December- Murdoch Mysteries
Brief Description: This cozy is for a guy, and one of the fabrics has a paisley print with a brown background.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent Week 1-October 1- Creep
Brief Description: I picked out the fabric on one day, cut the fabric the next day, then sewed the cozy on the third day.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent Week 9- November 26- Operator
Brief Description: This cozy is for one of my mom’s friends who I haven’t seen in a while, but she called on the phone the other day!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent Week 11- December 10- Give It Away
Brief Description: This is a gift for one of my mom’s friends.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December- The Last Detective
Project Name: Granny Mushroom
Project Link: Granny Mushroom
Brief Description: I saw this Granny Mushroom on Instagram (by Joy Clements on Ravelry) and bought the pattern immediately. Unfortunately, the only yarn I had on hand (I’m away on vacation) was white and gray (very drab), so it doesn’t really show off the granny mushroom top very well. But, I can see myself making a bunch more of these in fun colors!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October- Uncharterd
Project Name: A Mess of Pizzelles!
Project Link: A Mess of Pizzelles!
Brief Description: I’ve never made pizzelles before, and since I had a some free time while visiting my mom, I tried my hand at it. I did get better as I went, but I still never made one that was perfect!

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

Almost forgot a few!
Prompt: Zap 2
Project Name: Plant milestone marker 4
Brief Description: Still haven’t killed my spider plant, so the milestone photos continue.
Project Photo:

Project Name: Plant milestone marker 5
Brief Description: See above
Project Photo: Lefthand badge in photo below

Prompt: Zap 4
Project Name: Plant milestone marker 6
Brief Description: See above
Project Photo: Righthand badge in photo above

5 Likes

Prompt: November MI-5
Team: So Corn-Fused
Project Name: Underdog 1
Brief Description: Black and White! This was a prize for the football survival pool, for the person (turned out to be two people, I had to make a second one) who picked the biggest underdog winner.
Project Photo(s): (the one on the left?)

Prompt: November Chuck
Project Name: Iguana
Brief Description: Green! This was one of Complicated Knots on YT’s countdown to Christmas set of patterns, I was doing pretty well until we got to the monkey and I’ve not yet completed the set.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November MacGyver
Project Name: Piranha
Brief Description: Blue! Another one of Complicated Knots on YT’s countdown to Christmas set of patterns
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December Murdoch Mysteries
Project Name: Deer Blood Drop
Brief Description: Brown! A requested blood drop character, shown with and without the Rudolf nose! I admit, I like it with the nose more.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December Castle
Project Name: Underdog 2
Brief Description: Black and white! Dog the second for the football pool prizes.
Project Photo(s):
(see first photo, the one on the right!)

Prompt: December Only Murders in the Building
Project Name: Bunny
Brief Description: Fuzzy – just a fuzzy bunny!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December The Last Detective
Project Name: Tapir
Brief Description: Grey! And another one of Complicated Knots on YT’s countdown to Christmas set of patterns
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December Hamish Macbeth
Project Name: Parrot
Brief Description: Red! And yet another one of Complicated Knots on YT’s countdown to Christmas set of patterns
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 2
Project Name: Christmas Tree
Brief Description: A request from a friend for a tree for her desk at work.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 3
Project Name: Impkin
Brief Description: Just an Impkin I crocheted, but ended up being the second place survival pool prize.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 4
Project Name: Bob
Brief Description: Just had a chunk of red yarn hanging around so I made a Bob!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 5
Project Name: Capybara
Brief Description: Yup**,** another one of Complicated Knots on YT’s countdown to Christmas set of patterns
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range 6
Project Name: Football Cake
Brief Description: Can’t say I’m hugely fond of this cake but it was a lot of work. For the football pool party!
Project Photo(s):

Project Name: Football Trophies
Brief Description: For the football pool awards
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap 4
Project Name: Football Certificates
Brief Description: For the football pool awards
Project Photo(s):
(see picture above - I made certificates for all the trophies, ami footballs, and other prizes, so it was a lot of cutting and folding!)

Prompt: Advent 2
Project Name: December Goal Page
Brief Description: The number of times I’ve made these with the wrong number of boxes… count and count again!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent 6
Project Name: Bear
Brief Description: Sparkly, SUPER ANNOYING yarn to work with! And he’s a little funny looking, I just made him up as I went to use up the yarn I had.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent 10
Project Name: Tassel Belt
Brief Description: My friend gave me this WIP tassel belt awhile ago, I took apart the tassels she’d made, rearranged them into the right number of equal tassels, and sewed then on!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Big Time
Project Name: Pile of Footballs
Brief Description: I know it’s not easy to see in the picture, but trust me, there are THIRTEEN of those blasted amigurumi footballs in that pile! Took me AGES to make all of those…
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: Advent - Some Nights
Project Name: Miracle Man Candles
Project Link:
Brief Description: My partner made some art of Miracle Man and I thought it would look right at home on a prayer candle. I scanned the art, made a cut file for my Silhouette, and attached them to dollar store candles with my Xyron. They were given out as gifts to friends, family, and coworkers.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Advent - The Dock of the Bay
Project Name: Felt Ornaments
Project Link:
Brief Description: I got a little felt ornament kit and made them while watching season 3 of Fargo.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Jingle Bell Cards
Project Link: Die Cut Jingle Bell Cards
Brief Description: I made these for the Christmas Card R2 swap.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Oil Fondue
Project Link:
Brief Description: My partner’s family had a tradition of doing oil fonude for New Years. I got a new fondue pot this year and we did it on xmas eve instead. It was way too much food for 4 people, but it was DELICIOUS! I fell down a rabbit hole researching oils and how bad many of them are for you when they’re heated (during processing or cooking), and decided to use some lard I had rendered instead. Everyone raved, and I didn’t feel like crap after (which I usually do with fried foods, and I learned why)! I made some dipping sauces, a tempura batter, and prepared everything except the steak and shrimp.

Project Photo(s):

Project Name: Lox dip
Project Link:
Brief Description: My partner mentioned a salmon dip that they made at an old job and how good it was. I recreated it with lox, capers, cream cheese, and cayenne pepper. I actually made it twice and served it once with crackers and once with toasted pita. Sorry I didn’t get better photos!

Project Photo(s):

lox dip

Project Name: Peanut curry
Project Link:
Brief Description: With leftover fondue stuff, I made a quick peanut curry.

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

It’s that time of the season again, the mad dash to post things before a new season begins. I did manage to make individual posts for some of the stuff this time, so a tiny bit of progress.
There is so much wonderful stuff and creativity in this thread, it always gives me joy to read through it.
Here’s what I managed to get done (and actually photographed) this season.

Prompt: October - The Librarians
Project Name: Paper Snowflakes
Project Link: 3D Paper Snowflakes
Brief Description:
Some classroom decorations made for, and with, my daughter. These are made of paper, and are mainly white with some black text.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: October - Blood and Treasure
Project Name: Sublimation print shirt
Project Link: More sublimation print shirts
Brief Description:
Another round of the sublimation printing workshop, this time, I did both sides of a shirt. This uses special paint, the shirt is flat (unless I’m wearing it…), and it’s definitely multicolored (love these colors, I squee every time I see the shirt).
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November - MI-5
Project Name: Ghost pendant
Project Link: Beaded Peyote Pendants
Brief Description:
A tiny ghost for my kid for Halloween. The ghost itself is black and white, the pumpkin adds some color.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: November - Burn Notice
Project Name: Ramen-ish dish
Project Link: Ramen-ish dish
Brief Description:
A sort of ramen dish, made with what I had around. A lot of heat is used here - cooking the soup, searing and the cooking the chicken, boiling the eggs just enough. Also, the egg yolks are a lovely orangey yellow. And very yummy.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December - Castle
Project Name: Bunny pendant
Project Link: Beaded Peyote Pendants
Brief Description:
A bunny pendant for my bunny child. The bunny is white (and shiny, but that’s a crossover).
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: December - The Last Detective
Project Name: Spiral Dream Catcher
Project Link: Spiral Dream Catcher
Brief Description:
This has been a long time WIP. Also, it did have some problems along the way, as some strings decided to snap and I had to do some fixing before it was even completed. It wasn’t complicated, just time (and string) consuming. I started it during the quarantines in 2020, and since the process is repetitive, I could zone out and just do it without thinking too much.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Zap 1
Project Name: Jack pizza tortillas
Project Link:
Brief Description:
Around Halloween, we like watching the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. My daughter had a friend over, and I made them these fun pizza tortillas, with smiling pumpkin faces.
Project Photo(s):

Looking through the photos on my phone, the rest is random food. This has been a season that needed a lot of comforting nourishment. Hoping for a better one (which technically started here about an hour ago, happy new year to everyone!)

6 Likes

I will do the tracking update later, but the new prompts are up for the winter season!

4 Likes

Send in your pin claims by tonight!!! I know several folks qualified for things I haven’t received claims for yet. Double check, and don’t forget about SUPER NERD!

2 Likes